JOB TITLE: Purchasing Assistant SALARY: £18k-£22k HOURS: Monday-Friday, 8:30am-5pm
A really exciting opportunity has become available for a Purchasing Assistant for a Global company based in Maidstone.
Working as part of a team of 3 this is a really enjoyable position where no 2 days are the same. The business is very proactive and encourage personal development too. You will have access to online learning platforms that offer over 2,500 courses free of charge!
This company also offer other incredible benefits:
- Company Pension+Life Assurance
- Private Health Care
- 25 days of holidays plus Statutory Bank Holidays
- Online shopping discounts website
- Cycle to work schemes
- Free onsite parking
- Weekly Yoga classes
- Monthly massages
- Opportunity to support charities and be involved in fundraising events
Within your new role as Purchasing Assistant you will be responsible for:
- Purchasing materials required as highlighted through MRP and forecasting/operation plans. PO ownership.
- Expediting orders and updating the info on ASC for Warehouse, MRP and Accounts
- Demand planning and management of raw materials and packaging through Inventory Report
- Sourcing new and alternative suppliers in conjunction with senior Purchasing Managers
- Liaising with Project Coordinator, Technical and Quality in relation to key projects
- Liaising with Freight Forwarders for clearance and delivery of raw materials
- Chasing information from suppliers, sales and project teams where necessary for key projects
- Leading and assisting with Purchasing Team projects to drive cost savings
- Cover for Purchasing Manager when out of office
- Monthly Price File coordination
- Issuing raw material prices to the accounts team for individual costings
- Order creation and sending to suppliers
- Order filing
- Planning & warehouse liaison for paperwork /delivery queries
- Support for business reporting
- Data cleansing in the system for MRP maintenance
- SOP Purchasing update support
- Other admin activities to support Purchasing Function
Skills/experience required for this position:
- Purchasing Assistant experience is essential
- Previous purchasing or MRP systems experience would be an advantage
- Great problem solving abilities
- Assertive, confident and positive approach
- Very competent in the use of Microsoft Office including Excel/Word/Outlook/Power point
This is a really excellent company and position so if it sounds like the perfect role for you then please apply today. Interviews will take place via Zoom during these times. We look forward to receiving your application and discussing this position with you in further detail with you.
Office Angels acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. Office Angels UK is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Office Angels. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explains how we will use your information - please copy and paste the following link in to your browser: https://www.office-angels.com/candidate-privacy
Open Job Postings in Jamaica Jobs in Jamaica An established Distribution Company invites qualified applicants for the post of: Sales Representative To service...
Published a month ago
ESTABLISHED COMPANY IN THE CORPORATE AREA ARE IN NEED OF SENIOR ACCOUNTING OFFICER Ideal Candidate should: ?Have an Accounting Degree or at least completed...
Published 9 days ago
Do you like challenges! Are you persistent?! A Leading Distribution Company is seeking for Star Talentsin the Commercial Area as sales Representatives, with...
Published a month ago
Accounting Officer Responsibilities ?Accounts Payables schedule, prepare and disburse cheques ?Accounts Receivables prepare invoices, post receipts, prepare...
Published 10 days ago